Computer pumping out alot of heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Well this is my first time with a computer i made myself. And I do not know if somethings wrong or not because i cant compare it to any previous system. My other computer mobo didnt nearly create as much heat as my new mobo does. Its an A7N8X delux. And sometimes alot of hot air (least in my opinoin) is being pumped out by my fans. Its not hot but warm. My other brand name computer system didnt do this. Is this normal? I guess inside the chassis it could be up to 80-90 degrees F. And I have 8 fans. 4 front/1side/1top/2 back.

I was wondering could it be my PSU pushing in too much current? Do I have to get a Amd type PSU? does it matter?

I just dont want to burn out anything. Then again I could be overeacting but its safer then to be sorry.

It doesn't matter what AMD approve PSU you have, IMHO some of them are just trash. Stick to well-known brands like Antec and Enermax for quality. Is your case big or small? Smaller cases with alot of hardware cramped together may get hot easier than a similar one with a larger case.

its a medium size. Here are all the components I have in it.

The mobo with 1gig of ram
2 hardrives soon to be 3
vga card
2 cd drives
and 8 fans
with a couple pci devices.
like a normal case

Of course it is warm!

It's an Athlon 2700+

Not only do those CPUs reach 500C* without a fan ;), but those high wattage PSUs generate a substantial amount of heat as well.

You say it is "warm", but not hot.. Don't worry about it. You'll know when it gets too hot because your system will probably start locking up or rebooting itself.

thanks was getting a lil worried.

I was going to buy a new cpu fan since i knwo there is better out there. I was going to get arctic silver 3 and this fan. I have read reviews on it and i mostly want it for its quitness.
http://www.xoxide.com/vaaevpamdhe.html

is this worth it? I know i shouldnt buy according to style but according to performance. Well I do not know how to overclock yet. When my system is totally complete I will start to learn how but for now this fan looks good enough and performs ok. anyone against this fan?

Just for your reference, I recommend the Thermalright SLK-900 for a heatsink. It is the best on the market for AMD/Pentium processors (you can use it on both). Though if you don't want to take your motherboard out of the case to install the heatsink I recommend the SLK-800.

Try plugging up all of the holes on the computer and sealing any openings. This will keep all the heat from leaving the system.

You might experience lockups and have the smell of charred ozone in you room, but the heat won't be leaving your PC.

Hope that helps! :)

warm airs supposed to come out of the fans, THATS HOW YOU KNOW YOUR FANS ARE WORKING!

Yup yup. Though it does mean your computer is warm, but hey, its supposed to be :D. I would almost be worried if my fans werent pushing out warm air.

Oh, plenty of hot air pouring out of the back of both of my machines. Good. That means its not inside my machine, which is where I don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back