Computer Reboots During Call of Duty 2. Hardware Prob. Possible. Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

My computer keeps rebooting during multiplayer Call of Duty 2. I can only play one map and then the computer reboots. I recently bought a stick of kingston 512mb 2700 ram. Could this be the problem? Also when the computer boots back up, the Temp is about 137 F. Anyone give me hand to get the d$%m thing fixed.

My computers specs are:
ASROCK K7S8XE Mobo
AMD 2600
768 Mb Ram 2700
Geforce 6800 128mb

Alright a couple things:

1. That temp is pretty high. That's the first thing you should worry about, before you fry anything. I am assuming this is your CPU temp?

Let's get a second opinion on your temps: download and install this: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

And give us your temps when your system is idle, as well as your temps after say 2 mins of COD2 (before it crashes).

The other thing about your setup that may be worth looking into is your ram. Do you have 2 sticks or 3 in there? If you have 3, you should be forewarned that your motherboard is automatically underclocking your ram when you pop that third stick in there. Mix matching ram usually causes systems to become unstable, you should always pair your ram as close as possible, with the same speeds, and the same size.

Can you give us some more details on your ram setup? How many sticks of what speed etc.

I changed the order of my ram sticks. I put the kingston stick in the first bank. Then I changed the ram setting in the bios to 333mhz. It seemed to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back