Computer resarts randomly for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfalcon7x

Hey I have been having problems with my computer restarting whenever it feels like it. I understand how there have been other threads on this topic but I'm still having trouble. The computer restarts at bad times like when Ive been downloading or surfing the net. After my computer has been freshly on for an hour or too, it restarts. I went into properties of My Computer and changed the settings so I could get the BSOD. It had an error message on it....something like:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0CE9FD99, 0x00000000z, 0x00000001, 0xFF7B7078)
I am running on Windows XP Home Edition

It varies slightly when it happens but thats what I got the last time I wrote it down. I figured out how to look at the minidumps too and there are a lot of them. I dont know what they mean and I dont even know if they can help me find the source of the problem. Help me please before I smash the crap out of my computer!
If you need any other info on my computer let me know what I need to tell you and where I could find it.
Here are the specs I have:
Intel Celeron
2.59 GHz
256 MB of RAM
-EJ

Yep I tried that before. I changed the 'paging file' settings like it has said before. I havent messed with my computer and the ram inside of it. Should I post some of the dump files on here? This sucks. Thanks for helpin me out trhe best u can. Let me know.
Thanks
-EJ

Don't worry too much about that.

Have you installed any new software or (particulary) hardware? Either a new RAM chip or Video card? 1 or more objects are conflicting ...

You can go through device manager & check the properties of your various pieces of hardware for any IRQ conflicts ... but more or less i'd say hardware is conflicting.

Update me on what you have done to your PC (changes/upgrades) in the past couple of months.

Cheers :grinthumb

xfalcon7x said:
how do i zip the minidump files?

use winzip, or your fav. zipping program to compress the files, and add them as an attachment when posting back. zip at least 5 or 6.

I greatly appreciate any help that I get from people. Anyway, Hardware. IF these things are considered hardware I have added them.......I use my iPod with my USB ports (Sometimes when I plug in my iPod my computer restarts then too). I got new Logitech speakers and I have wireless keyboard and mouse attached to another USB port. But if you are meaning hardware as in RAM or videocards, no I havent even messed with any of that. Let me know. I appreciate it again.

If these are help here you go in the attachments. They are my minidump files from the past 2 times this random rebooting has happened. Tell me what you can from this.

Your version of MPFIREWALL is faulty. Un-install or upgrade MPFIREWALL may fix the blue screen problem.

I apppreciate this...finally someone had the chance to reply. So thats McAfee I know.....where do I uninstall it from? Add/Remove programs? I might just remove the entire thing and just install the basic McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back