Computer Restarting Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatman455

I am not sure if it is the RAM, I did add a stick, but it is identical type, though I couldn't get the same brand. Thing is, this didn't happen for awhile (years) after I got the memory and memtest seems to have no errors (I know memtest isn't perfect).

This problem started happening a lot so I reformatted the computer. It has been fine for a few days although it restarted itself again today once and has since been fine for a couple hours.

The system error log shows this message:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000000a (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804ff322). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini030308-01.dmp."

I have included the only dumpfile I have post reformat, as I have only had 1 restart.

Should this ever happen on a normally functioning computer? (Could it be coincidence that this happened?)

I am not willing to run this machine with anything less than 1gb of ram. Right now the two slots are filled with 512mb sticks of 2700 i believe. I really just want to figure out what the problem is so I can fix it or forget it. Thanks very much for the help.

Inside the 1 MiniDump:

BugCheck 1000000A, {4, 2, 1, 804ff322}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe

Can be Ram (Run Memtest)
Or Drivers requiring updating

Any idea which drivers? This is an OEM motherboard and when I used the 5.11 nforce3 drivers (not OEM) pre-format it seemed to make things worse with the rebooting. It has not done it since I first posted, do you think I should mess with it?

Laptop Reboots Itself

Hi All.

I am having a major problem with our laptops rebooting themselves. I have attached the minidump and error log from today after the reboot occurred. The hardware is Panasonic Toughbook CF-29. Any help would be appreciated.

All drivers normally, from your motherboards (or computers) manufactures support website.

True some updated drivers can cause issues
But when you already have a fault (if it re-occurs) then it is ok to update the drivers

Hang on

Inside the MiniDump (Now Removed by original poster Gpenu)
BugCheck 100000D1, {60, 2, 0, ba9504a9}
Probably caused by : ser2pl.sys

Product: Prolific USB-to-Serial Bridge Cable
Description: USB-to-Serial Cable Driver

Hey Gpen, I can appreciate your issue and I would have no problem helping you with your problem, but I have hardly asked this question and you come in here with another. I think in this situation it would be best if you started your own thread. I think you would receive more help that way as well, and I know I certainly would.

Thanks,

The problem has only happened once since the format. I worry now that if I go messing with things it may start happening again. Anything else?

Thanks for all the help btw kimsland.

Holly Sh!#

I replied thinking that was You

gpenu you need to start your own thread (and don't reply here either!

Sorry Goatman455

Thank you kimsland for the information. I suspected that prolific usb-to-serial adaptor driver, but that is the only driver that USB GPS devices use. I will see if there is any update available.

P.S. what are you using to view the .dmp file and to find the problem?

I've been Hijacked!

Maybe this will register Hey gpenu listen carefully, I have the answer to all your problems: You are an *****!

My motherboard is: K8N8X-LA I have researched this is nforce 3 150 motherboard. Are the regular nvidia drivers ok for this board, right now I have it decently stable using the drivers from the HP website, but it seems like Nvidia's latest build would be better. They were pretty weak too, after installation you had to go into device manager and manually add the mboard components, nice HP!

Goatman455 remove your attack on gpenu (basically Edit out the capitals) (capitals removed, but not abuse)

Then I'll continue with helping you

It is too late, but if you don't like jokes that happen to be true or I insult you in this way, then I can always receive help elsewhere. I will repost the message and request a user with better communication with me to help me with this issue. Thank you for your help, and thank you gpenu for ruining my thread. I hope you were not too insulted by my joke.

Please close this thread, I do not want this to keep getting bumped when I have another.

Thanks all,
Goat

TechSpot Forums - Community & Posting Guidelines
  • Criticize ideas, not people. We won’t stand, nor support personal flaming.
  • No SHOUTING allowed!!! That is, posting IN ALL CAPS or with excessive exclamation marks (!!!). It's rude and annoying, and if you do it, your post will be removed.
  • Keep your posts clean: Excessive foul language is likely to get moderated or get you banned. Same applies for shouting (read above).

Edit:
I confirm that Goatman455 (now banned by Moderator) says thanks through PM to myself

I don't know if this will help, but on 2 seperate occasions during the life of my current pc it has run into similar issues or random restarts without warning.

the first time was my power supply (antec truepower sp2 550w), the second time a was a faulty graphics card (256mb 7900gt)

maybe look into these...
good luck

be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back