Computer Restarts after installing new Graphics Card

Hello I've just installed a 770 GTX, and when I was trying on some games, the computer would restart ( strangely enough it restarted during Assassin's Creed 4 and not during Battlefield4, and they were both maxxed out) I have a 700W PSU with 40 Amps on the 12V rail, it's a cheap one, not a good brand. When the computer started up again I checked the GPU temperature and it was around 40 Celsius, only the motherboard had a higher temperature, that was around 60 Celsius. I don't know what to do, is it possibile that my PSU sucks that bad that even 700 W can't handle it ? Or it could be something else ? Thanks in advance.

Roughly how much was the PSU?? That could give an idea of the quality... I've seen £20/$20 ones rates at 500W give out of fail at as little as 300W. I think its the PSU...

Yeah its probably the power supply, what wattage have you got? Also, have you made sure that the power cables going to the graphics card are in properly? (not sure what the 770 take though!)

It was the power supply, the problem was that the molex were on the same rail,and considering that the 770GTX eats a lot of power and needs a lot of ampere, the rail couldn't handle it. I upgraded to a Corsair CX750, works like a charm, has 62A on the 12V. I shouldn't have bought a cheap PSU in the first place, always go for a quality PSU. Thanks a lot for your help ! :D

Back