Computer restarts before windows logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace630

I've just recently got another computer and the hard drive in it wasnt very big and didnt have a validated copy of xp on it
So I tried to put my old hard drive in it but the computer would restart before it got to the windows loading screen. I have tried it with a newer hard drive I had bought new a few years ago but had alsmost the same result only this time it wouldnt restart just freeze.
I'm not sure how to tell you the stats of the motherboard do ill tell you what i know
Its a amd ahtlon xp 1.10ghx with 224 mb ram
Im not sure but i looked on the motherbaord and it had the model number which im not sure is needed or not but that is: ms 6373

You need to do a "fresh" install of XP on the system. Pick a hard drive, install it in the system and then install XP. You can't just swap hard drives with XP on them from system to system... This doesn't work, as you have already found out

ok thanks for the help
problem is though will i still be able to validate windows on one of the hard drives though cause they both have validated copies of windows on them?

Yes,
you can try Validating Windows using the on-line utility. If this fails you can call Microsoft and they will help you. As long as the system is the only system you have XP installed on, they will give you a new install ID. This is not a KEY. You might as well format the drives... The XP version on them is invalid now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back