TechSpot

Computer Restarts During Gaming

By colonelkernel8
Apr 30, 2006
  1. For sometime now, my computer has restarted while playing the game, Counter-Strike: Source. There is no BSOD, and it isn't related to overheating. All of my drivers for EVERYTHING are up-to-date. Here is my system:

ASUS A7V8X mobo
    AMD Athlon XP 2700+
    Radeon 9700 PRO
    SB Audigy

I have already disabled "Automatic Restart" and VPU recover, but that didn't help. This problem is truley a strange one, and it has annoyed the hell out of me for some time. If anyone can give me any ideas, that would be great.

Thanks.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you`re sure it`s not caused by overheating, it may be caused by faulty ram or maybe an underpowered psu.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

P.s Please don`t start more than one thread for one problem. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. colonelkernel8

colonelkernel8 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Its not PSU, I bought a new one, thinking that it was the problem, (An Antec 480W) but the problem was still there.

Its possible its the RAM, im thinking that I installed it incorrectly. As in the wrong order.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.