hello Guys
i have Computer with following configuration
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz E4500
Mother Board DG33FB(/ntel)
2 GB ram with speed 667
giga-byte 8600gts as graphic adapter
80Gb HDD Sata
ATX power supply 400W

my Pc was working fine till yesterday evening but start a problem of getting restarted in few seconds after it restart for second time display also disappears.i have taken out all the components cleaned and placed it back but problem remain there.PC restarts in few seconds
Please advise what going on .....

Bye

What OS are you using? Do you have a firewall, virus and malware protection? Please tell us a little about the software. Did you visit any new websites? Install any new programs?

Computer

Dear Friend
i am using windows Xp Professional ,Browser Mozilla ,Mc afee Total protection 2007
Microsoft Office and other tools .But i dont think that it is a software problem.
Does a virus is capable of restarting Pc at boot time?

Await your Reply Brother

Hey. Anything's possible. Think back, it's been a while. Did you go to any websites you've not been to before? Did you perform (or did M$ perform) any updates? Did you download and/or install any new software?

My first thought is that you're going to have to go into safe mode to see what's going on. I haven't had this kind of problem in a while but I'll think on it. In the meantime, try safe mode if you can.

Another thought. If you DO have malware of some sort no matter how much you clean the system restore feature on XP can and will reload it. :-(
I don't suggest just yet to clear your system restore.

BUT the first thing you can do is go into recovery and change your auto startup feature so you might be able to get a hint as to what's going on.

Find your My Computer icon

(loc of stuff is going to vary depending on your display look. Will be shown when you click the start button or may be on your desktop.) I use classic so you may have to hunt around so for things.

Right click, select properties. Click advanced. On Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Turn off the automatically restart box. OK.

This will allow you to (hopefully) see at least an error message of some sort when you power down. Make a note of that, let us know.

Dear brother
i tired everything but the end it was found that there was some fault in board IC that was making it restart the PC in few second.I am thankful to all of you for your immedaite response.
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back