Computer restarts itself

By EnolaJay
Feb 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. About a month ago I tried to unpark the cores on my AMD FX 8120 Eight core processor, which after restarting it led to it blue screening as soon as it reached the log in screen and then repeating the cycle until I turned it off. I have reformatted my computer, the settings have seemed to all go back to normal. The computer started to randomly blue screen again until it has gone back to its previous cycle of blue screening. I have logged on to safe mode and received this error report. BCCode: 4e BCP1: 0000000000000099 BCP2: 00000000001B756E BCP3: 0000000000000002 BCP4: 000000000019D5B5. Forgive me because I have recently started PC gaming and I am still learning. Any ideas for a fix?
  2. terry5880

terry5880 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 527

I would assume this is a driver issue like video driver so I would look at uninstalling ur vid driver and downloading the latest one and with any oither drivers u feel u can do then also do a memtest with memtest 86 and also try reset ur bios to default im not an expert just some things I could think of hope one of the very experienced tech guy can help more if not these issues
  3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If you see any .dmp files select them all and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here
  4. EnolaJay

EnolaJay Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

alright I'll give it a try in just a bit, thank you
  5. EnolaJay

I hope this is what you needed, all the help is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

6. Tmagic650

Looks like an Atheros Network driver is causing this. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? What antivirus program are you running?
  7. EnolaJay

I'll turn it on real quick to check, and I use AVG 2012 and malwarebytes (forgive my poor spelling)
  8. EnolaJay

And at the moment I can only access safe mode for a short amount of time
  9. EnolaJay

okay I'm at my device manager and all the exclamation points are next to my ethernet controller, and universal serial bus
  10. Tmagic650

You will need to correct these... See if you can update the drivers
  11. EnolaJay

I can access the normal mode for a short amount of time if I do a system repair, I'll give it a shot
  12. EnolaJay

it tells me that windows is unable to connect to them all
    It says no updates are available as well
  13. Tmagic650

What is the computer's make and model, or what is model number of the motherboard?

14. EnolaJay

I have a M5A99FX motherboard, if that's not what you meant I'll look at it again
  15. Tmagic650

16. EnolaJay

17. EnolaJay

18. EnolaJay

19. Tmagic650

No, if you download and install the correct drivers, the exclamation points will dissappear on their own
  20. EnolaJay

I can't connect to internet in safe mode, it's the only way I can start it
  21. Tmagic650

Is there can option to go into Safe Mode with Networking? If not, you may have to reload Windows fresh paying attention to the device manager contents...
  22. EnolaJay

I'll look into it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.