Computer restarts randomely need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi...im new to the site but i need help i got my computer a couple months and everytime i either play games or have multiple programs running at once it restarts automatically this has been going on ever since i got my computer so im asking if any one knows how to manage this problem...im not very good with computers so this is my last resort...asking for help

i think these are the stuff in my computer,
pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHZ,
3.21 Ghz, 256 MB Ram

i think that is it i don't know much and i got those from my "system" thing

welcome to techspot :wave: :wave:

there could be more than one reason for this problem, the first and most obivious reason being over heating did u check the temperature that ur system is running!?

the second thing is some kinda hardware conflict.

there might be other reasons check the first one, if it is not that then post here

between are u getting any BSOD/any error message before it restarts

i think its either the over-heating or the hardware conflict i don't know...so i'm gonna go to the computer store to see but thanks for the advice i'll keep that in mind when i go to the computer store :)

That was happening to me to, the computer would just restart and then keep restarting, if you reinstall windows it's a temp fix, but my problem was I was having to many things getting power, 3 hard drives, 1 CD Burner, and a DVD Drive. Hope that helps

Also to me.

Ok, I have exactly the same problem.
My computer automatically restarts (randomly), his restarts are like the reset button. It normally restarts when I'm playing games (only the new ones) or when the cpu/disc is being used heavly. Sometimes also restarts when it's opening a program. I think a hardware conflict, maybe my video card, before i bought it, my computer didn't restart, but now it usually restarts. But there is a problem, in the same time i bought the video card, i bought 2 memrams, a new processor, hard disk drive (sure it isn't, ive tested multiple hdds) and a motherboard. I think is the video card because of some suspect errors the windows said about it the first times.

Thanks for some possible help. If someone with the same problem or that could help want to contact me, add me in the msn. turbocueca@gmail.com

My computer restarts too!

I recently moved and I they don't have dsl here so we installed and started using AOL for temp internet access until we can get cable. Ever since that our computer just randomly restarts - we never had this problem before when we were in California (now we are in Texas). We stopped using AOL and are now using PeoplePC. Could AOL have messed something up or is that just a coincidence? It's annoying because a lot of times we are burning movies when it restarts and that ruins the disk!!! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back