Computer Restarts randomly at different times w/ XP Pro SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody: I have a frustrating random restarting problem that just started happening w/ XP Pro SP2. The computer will restart sometimes after the whole desktop opens or at some other random time. It seems like after the 2nd restart it will be ok and run with no more restarts. Somtimes after the sudden restart, I will get a "recovered from serious error message" after the next boot up. Here is the detailed tech info from 2 different times after the serious error message:

1st time:
C:\DOCUME~1\XP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER42bb.dir00\Mini091207-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\XP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER42bb.dir00\sysdata.xml

Just yesterday 12-4-07
C:\DOCUME~1\XP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb989.dir00\Mini120107-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\XP\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb989.dir00\sysdata.xml

The only changes I recall making before this happened was adding Spybot. My machine specs are:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Asus A7N8X 2.0 ver1 w/ Athlon 2500+ running at 1.8Mhz
1.5 gig ram (3x500) ULTRA 3200+
PC Probe Ver 2.19.07
WD 40 gig HD
RADEON 9600 VIDEO
AOL 9.0 SE

I did notic that PC probe shows the Processor temp at 107F and sometimes goes up to 131F, but it didnt shut down at those times. Thanks and hope the tech info helps too, because I dont know what it means

Hello, dahlst9794, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put a few (about 4 or 5) of your most recent dumps in to a zip file and upload it as an attachment in a new reply to this thread. Then i can look at it and tell you what file is causing the crashes :)

5 most recent Minidump files

Hi: Thanks for your help, attached are the most recent minidump files. I was looking at when I installed Spybot, and it looks like the problem started right after that, but I'm not sure if that could cause that to happen.

Four have crashed at naiavf5x.sys - File Info. Look for an update.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 806ee753, a52e1b78, 0}
Probably caused by : naiavf5x.sys ( naiavf5x+2094 )
a4c17000 a4c32f20 naiavf5x naiavf5x.sys Tue Jun 14 07:54:46 2005 (42AE0EB6)

Computer restarts

I have AOL with McAffe, but not a separate Mcaffe program. Could it be a memory problem? I have had a couple more restarts and attached are the latest minidumps that came up, I'm not sure if they will show anything different. I uninstalled Spybot, but the restarts still happened.

computer restarts

The temps from PC Probe show the computer temps at idle are 104 F, when I'm running at a full load they climb up to 132 F. I have added some fans to see if I can keep it cooler, but I know in the summer it has reached as high as 152 F, seems kind of high I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back