Computer restarts unwantingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my computer keeps restarting when downloading and playing World of Warcraft. It is saying that there is a problem with drive C Fat32. I am not sure what this means or how to fix it. At first I thought there wasn't enough Ram on my computer. (My computer had 256mb of ram and the requirements were 512mb) So I uninstalled it and went out to buy more Ram. I now have over 1G of Ram and it is still restarting telling me it needs to check the disk for consistency.
What I am Running: ACER Aspire T135, 2.01 GHz, 1.18 GB of Ram, AMD Sempron Processor 3300+, with XP home Edition.

I would just like to know what I can do to stop this from happening and why it happens

Just found out my video card isn't supported by Blizzard currently I am using a VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP.

Would this affect my downloading of patches for the game because this is when it is restarting and checking the disk for consistency.

What would be the cheapest and reliable video card that I could buy that will run on WoW. These are my options:

ATI:

ATI Radeon 7200 and 7500 (QW /QE /QY)
ATI Radeon 8000 series
ATI Radeon 9000 series
ATI Radeon X000 series
ATI Radeon HD (2xxx and 3xxx) series

Intel:

Extreme Graphics 2 (865G / 865GV / 855GM) Series
Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA 900 / 82915) Chipset*

nVidia:

nForce Integrated Graphics
GeForce 2 (GTS / Ultra / Ti / Pro / MX) Series
GeForce 3 (Ti) Series
GeForce 4 MX Series
GeForce 4 Ti Series
GeForce FX Series
GeForce 6 Series

Matrox:

Parhelia Series

PowerVR:

Kyro Series Kyro II Series

Thanks
-snoopyflipz

EDIT:

If there is any information needed that I lacked to mention tell me how to get it and I will post it!

Do you have the exact error message given? Are you presented with a blue screen of death? Is there anything in the following directory: C:\Windows\Minidump?

It is saying that there is a problem with drive C Fat32

That is referencing your HDD (and/or your file structure) as the issue. Open My Computer > Right Click the C: Drive > Properties. Next to "File System" does it say NTFS or FAT32? Your PC shipped with XP and I'd be willing to bet it shipped with NTFS as the file structure.

If it says FAT32, and you're using XP, have you reformatted and reinstalled in the past? You might want to try converting the file structure to NTFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back