Computer Restarts with errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is pretty ok for the games i run. I mostly play rpg like world of warcraft and occasinally counter strike. So the problem started around last week. I shut off my system like i always do at night and wake up the next morning. I start up world of warcraft play it for about 5-8 min then it sunddenly closes. I get this error from a program i use called xfire, its a IM program used for gaming. So i turn off xfire and restart world of warcraft. I play for another 5-8 min then i get the windows error saying that wow.exe has encountered a problem. So i once again start it up and 5-8 min later my computer just shuts off.

This happens every time i play a game it either starts off with a error then shuts down. Or my computer just restarts.

Im pretty sure its not over heating becuase my temps look fine and ive never had a over heating problem before.

This sometimes happens when im watching vidoes on firefox also.

Please help with this situation with any advice

Thanks

Exact error messages are useful :). Do you get the blue screen of death?

What are your PC's specifications?

Are you confident that it's not malware related?

Try testing your RAM with Memtest86.

No i dont get the blue screen
and im not sure if it is malware
i scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it seems to be fine
my specs are :

Intel pentuim 4 2.6~2.7 ghz
2 Corsair 512mb ( 1g) ram
Raptor 160gb 10000rpm hard drive ( i think )
ATI radeon 9550 256mb AGP
MSI 7060 motherboard
Creative sound blaster live 24bit sound card

The error says Microsoft has encountered a problem with WoW.exe or watevr game im playing , and then the options are send or dont send error. After that my computer just restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back