TechSpot

Computer Restarts with errors

By Lpchaos
Mar 22, 2008
  1. My system is pretty ok for the games i run. I mostly play rpg like world of warcraft and occasinally counter strike. So the problem started around last week. I shut off my system like i always do at night and wake up the next morning. I start up world of warcraft play it for about 5-8 min then it sunddenly closes. I get this error from a program i use called xfire, its a IM program used for gaming. So i turn off xfire and restart world of warcraft. I play for another 5-8 min then i get the windows error saying that wow.exe has encountered a problem. So i once again start it up and 5-8 min later my computer just shuts off.

This happens every time i play a game it either starts off with a error then shuts down. Or my computer just restarts.

Im pretty sure its not over heating becuase my temps look fine and ive never had a over heating problem before.

This sometimes happens when im watching vidoes on firefox also.

Please help with this situation with any advice

Thanks

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,266   +92

Exact error messages are useful :). Do you get the blue screen of death?

What are your PC's specifications?

Are you confident that it's not malware related?

Try testing your RAM with Memtest86.

3. Lpchaos

Lpchaos TS Rookie Topic Starter

No i dont get the blue screen
    and im not sure if it is malware
    i scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it seems to be fine
    my specs are :

Intel pentuim 4 2.6~2.7 ghz
    2 Corsair 512mb ( 1g) ram
    Raptor 160gb 10000rpm hard drive ( i think )
    ATI radeon 9550 256mb AGP
    MSI 7060 motherboard
    Creative sound blaster live 24bit sound card

The error says Microsoft has encountered a problem with WoW.exe or watevr game im playing , and then the options are send or dont send error. After that my computer just restarts

4. Lpchaos

Lpchaos TS Rookie Topic Starter

bump any advice would help = ]

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.