Computer Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnym

When ever i try and play on HL2 as soon as teh game starts loading my PC restarts its self.

It worked fine before i reformatted my PC but wheni put the game back on it started to play up any ideas?

i have a 160 gig hdd An Athlon 64 3000+ processor running at 1.8 and 512mb of ram

after reformatting your drive, did you check to make sure all your drivers were updated?

what caused you to reformat anyway? windows?

yeh i kept getting a windows virtual memory is too low along with my computer lagging stupidly so i thought id give it a reformat.

Yeh i sorted it now it was the graphics card drivers i forgot to update them lol

but i have over clocked my CPU so it is running at 2.0 GHZ now but the game it still kind of jumpy occasionally... any ideas on that?

i mite invest in some more ram but if i can sort it id rather not

what is your gfx card? Otherwise a little extra ram is always a good idea. If you had a gig in your system that would make things work so much better. Some people will tell you to go all out and get 2 gigs, but thats just overkill for anything out there right now.

It is overkill unless you need it..... if you need it and dont have you sing a different tune...... thats my philosophy on it anyway

You're not using onboard sound are you? If so get yourself one of those PCI Sound Cards.. (Take the load of the CPU and onboard pipe can be sluggish)
If I was like you get another 512MB of RAM make that 1GB
You're already overclocked the CPU like I did for one of my AMD X64.
If you have another HDD install the games onto that one instead of using the C: drive which is mostly for OS/Programs/Page File an etc..

Also Video again you're not using the onboard are you? Again get yourself a good AGP 8x 128MB DDR or AGP 8x 256MB DDR2. I don't know if you have PCI Express 16X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back