Computer Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLusiii0N

Hey,

currently my PC is overloaded with crap, i have two disks (Master CD 1 and Master CD 2) and a Floppy Disk (Recovery Disk) well when i put CD 1 in and the Floppy in you have to restart, then it boots up saying a load of things and it gets stuck on this one bit in a different language, as you have already found out i am currently a noob with computers :) it hasnt happened to me before its just restored perfectly.

can someone help me please?

thanks.

Let us know what type of system you have and the Operating system that you are attempting to restore and we can help you better.

sorry my bad.

specs

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
System Model: 00000000000000000000000
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 768MB RAM
Page File: 213MB used, 1281MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

that ok?

thanks.

WIndows XP comes on a single CD. Hopefully the manufacturer provided you with that cd. Unless you upgraded the OS yourself. Anyway you need to make sure your PC is set to boot from the CD drive. Restart the computer and hit whatever key gets you into the bios(del, f1, f3). Find the screen that has a boot sequence on it and make sure cd drive is first, hard drive is second. Save the changes and exit the bios. Then you would put the Windows XP cd in the drive restart the computer and follow the on screen instructions. Floppy drives haven't been used since windows 98 so you won't need that to restore windows.
Try CD1 first and boot off of it and that might be the restore cd.

yeah thats how i would normally restore but then the CD provided with the system doesnt now work, when i restore it just keeps saying please remove disks or media disks or something.

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back