Computer running at 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, my computer at times has been running at 100% CPU and starts to get really hot. The fans run very high and some what loud.

I have been working on my Hijacked Log and helped removed somethings but the computer still runs at 100% sometimes, mostly when I'm watching a video online.

Also when I start up the computer there is a period of time where the screen is just black and I just see the mouse. I few minutes later it loads my desktop.

Please help and thanks

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
Just one thing in the Hijackthis log:

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

Delete this line

CPU usage is related to how many services are loaded and running at boot up

Is there something I can do to know which services I can stop? Or is there I way to log my services and have your team help? I dont know too much about services so don't really want to screw anything up too bad.

you can log your services by applying this method (preferably with administrator account).

1. Go to Start Menu, and Run
2. Type CMD and press enter
3. Type tasklist /svc >services.txt
4. you can view the created log file by typing: notepad services.txt

Goodluck

There seems to be lots of services running at the startup. Check out which services you actually need; and as explained in the link given below check which service/software is using most of the CPU cycles by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del to launch Task Manager then into Processes tab.

I'd advise you to check this thread from Tedster @ Techspot forums, I hope it will help you.

Lastly, unsintall everything which you do not need or intend to use.

"Lastly, unsintall everything which you do not need or intend to use"...

This is good advise, but "if you don't know what it is, don't delete it" applies to most computer users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back