Computer running very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinbremner

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum I'm in, but hopefully someone can help. For about the past month my computer has been running very slow and even takes ages to open an internet explorer window. It also takes ages to boot up.

I have been a trawl through the internet and tried various things from putting my startup program list to a bare minimum to defragmenting my hard drive but nothing has worked. It also doesn't appear to be any sort of virus or spyware.

Does anyone have any advice. I can give you the spec of the machine or any other details on request.

Thanks
Gav

get a copy of Hijackthis, install it in some directory, rename the *.exe,
run it, save the log as myhjlog.txt and post it back here

Just because his computer is running terribly slow doesn't necessarily mean that it's infected with spyware.

gavinbremmer, when you know what your specs are, will you please put them in your public profile instead of simply posting them in the thread. Thanks.

Jesse_hz said:
Just because his computer is running terribly slow doesn't necessarily mean that it's infected with spyware.
read carefully -- no one said he did :)

the log will clearly identify the configuration and what is running.

Just the facts will do

I don't read Hijack logs.Just post in the thread what deals with your problem.
The name of your keyboard isn't needed for a cd-rom problem.

Hijack this log

Hi,

Here is my spec and my hijackthis log. I have run the full test at pcpitstop but nothing major came up.

AMD Turion 64 Mobile 1.58 GHz processor
896Kb RAM
Running Windows XP SP2
MAT****A UJ-840D DVD+RW drive
80gb hard disk drive

Hope this is all you need.

Thanks
Gav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back