Computer says connected, but i get no internet. Other dives in the apartment work fine

[FONT=verdana]I built my first custom PC a month or two ago, and this is the first problem I've encountered.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I live in an apartment complex that provides their own ISP, so my PC has been plugged straight into my ethernet port in my wall (no router). It's worked perfectly until just today.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]In the bottom right corner, my computer is telling me that I am connected to the internet, but nothing's working...I really hope it's not a problem with my motherboard.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]The thing is, every other device, wired or wireless, in my apartment obtains internet, so I feel like it has to be something with my computer. It was working fine last night and I came home today do start homework and it wont connect. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]I'll provide whatever information may help with solving this problem. Anything at all would be appreciated.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Thanks![/FONT]

Hey mattyg. A few questions.

Are you just using one browser or do you have the same issue when you try a second browser?

If another pc in your apartment connects and gets on the Net via Ethernet cable, is it using the same wall jack?

Is the wireless connection your wireless device connects to coming from your building's Internet connection, or could it be connecting from some other network?

What message do you get when your browser opens and cant make a connection to the Net?

Open up command prompt and show us your ipconfig /all

Also try to ping google.com and ping 8.8.8.8

Back