Computer Screen Goes Black After Starting Windows Screen

Qyboor

Not entirely sure this is the correct forums to post this issue, but if it isn't can someone tell me where I should go?

For the past few weeks my computer has been going black after the Starting Windows screen. However, it still sounds as if the computer is on and running, just that the monitor isn't on. However, after messing with some settings recently, I discovered that I could get the computer running again if I clicked "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" in the Advanced Boot Options. I would like to know what is causing this issue and if there is anyway to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Qyboor,

The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.

Click on these Microsoft links to access helpful information in this regard:

[FONT=Arial]http://dell.to/1108Dfn[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]http://dell.to/15MLM8M[/FONT]

Check the steps for disabling Driver Signature Enforcement in the second link to allow drivers containing improper signatures to be installed as Windows seems to be blocking drivers which are not digitally signed, from installing on your computer.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

[FONT=Arial]Hi Qyboor,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Were the links helpful in resolving the issue you were facing?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Babita G[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit ourSupport Site .[/FONT]

Sorry for not posting. Yes the link was helpful, I managed to fix my problem. Thank you for the help.

Hi Qyboor,

Thank you for your reply.

It is wonderful to know that the issue you were facing with your computer is resolved. Glad we could be of assistance.

Please feel free and contact us in case of further queries. We would be happy to help.

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site[FONT=Calibri] .[/FONT]

Back