Computer shut down - CPU Light went from "green (on)" to "orange/yellow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night when I turned my computer on, it came on and was running scan disk--I think someone shut it down without logging off. I hit the "enter" key and all of the sudden the computer went dead and the off/on light went from green for on to orange/yellow. Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks

I have no idea, but I bet someone else on these forums does. But if I were you, while I was waiting for a response I would look on google...

CPU Shut Down

Anyone have any idea what would make my CPU shut down during a "scan disk" session? I can't even turn it on now. All I have is a yellow light (on/off button) which is green when turned on, but now just yellow. Does this mean my computer crashed?? Don't know whether or not to have someone take a look at it or just forget about it. Unfortunately, I haven't backed up my files in a long time.

leese29

Have no idea why it crashed during a scan disk.

If you are feeling competent - open up your PC - re-seat the memory and unplug then plug back in the hard drive.

turn it on and see if it boots.

if it just went off without warning and now wont come back on - it could be a problem with the power supply unit.

if you're not technical, then I suggest having someone take a look for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back