Computer shuts down and reboots

bmyzer101

Hello. I have a self built computer. I play a game called War Thunder. I have a Radeon 2900 HD 4 gigs of RAM. A dual core processor at 2.66 Ghz. When I play my War Thunder game I will get in a flight and a half at the most, then the system shuts down and reboots. I have run a stress test and eveything but nothing shows up as a problem. Any ideas why this is happening?

Update: I ran OCCT stress test again but this time I ran it in fullscreen mode. As soon as the test starts in full screen mode the computer shuts down and restarts. I am guessing now that my PSU is going bad.

More likely the cooling system is insufficient and it's getting over heated. Run Eventvwr.msc and under system events, look at the events being created.

I will do that but during OCCT and Prime 95 stress tests all the temps were within operating ranges. And still don't understand why OCCT will stress test the PSU without incident for hours when windowed but when I run the PSU stress test under full screen mode the system shuts down and restarts immediately.

Under system events the only thing that shows up are critical events that state that windows was not shut down properly. Other than that just information logs about services entering running or stopped states.

I think it you gpu thats an old gpu what settings are you using in war thunder can you turn the settings down

I started playing the game in windowed mode and ran the stress tests in windowed mode and everything runs fine. Guess I'll just have to play in windowed. Thanks for all the help.

Back