Computer Shuts Down When Running 3D Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the situation

I was given a wicked spiderman case from my brother-n-law, so i decided to use it, i put everything in my usual case into this one only to find it had a blown PSU.

I transfered everything back from the new case to my normal one.

It booted up properly and was working fine untill i ran a game. Just happened to run Gmod10, not a minute into the game, my computer shut down. No error report nothing. And my computer was fine. Tried it again and the same thing happened. So i looked it up, found what to do, (replace the driver to an earlyer version) and it happened again.
I checked the Event Viewer and it had the "CRT - Invalid Display Type" error
I looked that up and tried the solution. Still the same.

Im close to formatting my pc.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

My specs are

Windows Xp
P4 3.6 GHz Duel Processor
1Gb Ram
80gb Seagate HDD + 10GB HDD

Back up your data and format. Its not that difficult and a clean install is always a good thing. Also, why bother with a 10gb hard drive?

Ph30nIX said:
Back up your data and format. Its not that difficult and a clean install is always a good thing. Also, why bother with a 10gb hard drive?

well i use a 10gb for my windows installation and a seperate HDD for all my games etc

Just do it on the one hard drive, I think that 10gb might slow you down a bit and cause problems. If you have to have your windows installation seperate, just partition the 80gb.

Ph30nIX said:
Just do it on the one hard drive, I think that 10gb might slow you down a bit and cause problems. If you have to have your windows installation seperate, just partition the 80gb.

Well my 80 gig keeps having problems, sometimes it doesnt even get detected on startup.. thats why i use my 10gb for my windows installation

Hi sargenz,
I also wanted to let you know the "CRT- Invalid display type" messages in the Event Viewer are normal and not indicative of a problem. You may use newer drivers that issue these warnings without any loss in performance or impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back