Computer start up, but the screen stays as if its on standby

Hi,
I have a problem with my HP Pavillion m7000 desktop with a packard bell screen.
Ive had a few times where my screen have went on standby mode, the blue light have went orange and screen goes black. I assume thats normal when u arent at ur pc for a while. But when i touch my mouse or my keyboard the screen stays black, then i tryed to turn off the screen and turn it back on, and the screen just stayed black and a little blue box appeared saying ''Message: No Signal''.. then i tryed to reboot the computer, that didnt work either, i unplugged all cords and wires and plugged them back in, blowing away all dust etc so i was sure that wouldnt be the problem, i even got a new cord to the screen cus i figured that it might have a loose connection or something, that didnt work either.. I have had the problem a few times where it helped to unplug and plug it back in, but now when that doesnt work anymore, i have no clue what to do about it.

When i restart the computer it sounds exatcly like normal, everything seem to be running, i can hear the windows sounds at start up, i can hear skype and messenger logging in, but the screen stay on standby mode.
What can i do to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Can you try another monitor just for test purposes before we recommend anything further?

Hi. Thank you for the reply, i now tryed to set the screen to another computer and the screen works fine, but when i put another screen into my computer it have the same message, so it cant be the screen thats the problem.. Im thinking if its maybe the graphics card thats lose or something? any suggestions?

hi Zwaah :
try another graphics card on your pc to ensure that the problem in your graphics card or not

Zwaah,we need to know if you have on-board video or a separate video card. What is the make and model of this computer?

Hey guys.. Thanks for your help with this problem. I now found out that the graphic card was the problem, it simply burned down, or what to call it.. Should proberly have known that. I tryed another (15 year old) graphic card in the pc, and suddenly it worked all fine, so i now ordered a new, Sapphire RADEON HD 6450 (2 GB). also a pretty big upgrade from my old Griffon512. and hoping that will work good enough for gaming. :) cheers all.

Zwaah,we need to know if you have on-board video or a separate video card. What is the make and model of this computer?
In case u get look alike problems later the model of the computer is a HP/Compaq m7000. Who knows maybe someone else out there have a look alike problem and decide to visit this forum :)

nice to here that ,good luck bro
Thank you SKYSTAR. You guys have been great help, would proberly never have thought about the graphic card if it wasnt for you :p Lucky i have a boyfriend that knows how to take the card out and replace it for me :) Thanks alot all :)

Hello. I am having this problem too. My motherboard is an Intel DG45ID with on-board graphics and sound. This has just started happening in the past few days. Glad to provide any further info.

TIA
Les

Hello. I am having this problem too. My motherboard is an Intel DG45ID with on-board graphics and sound. This has just started happening in the past few days. Glad to provide any further info.

TIA
Les
I should have mentioned this but forgot: I was having a problem with errors involving the display driver ("Display driver successfully reloaded"), including one blue screen. So I updated the display driver from Intel. I no longer have the "Reloading display driver" errors, but now I have this problem with the screen staying off with the orange light on, forcing me to reboot.

Thanks. No, no, the orange light indicates the standby phase of the monitor (which is a NEC 2190 UXp). It stays on. Meanwhile the hard drive activity LED is showing normal operation. But the monitor is not getting any signal. If I turn it off and back on, I get a "No Signal" message. I turned off monitor standby in the OS (Windows 7), but it still happens. The only solution is to cold reboot.

My motherboard is an Intel DG45ID with on-board graphics and sound. As I mentioned, the problem seems to have started when I updated the display driver.

Good advice, and I didn't know I could roll back from Device Manager.
One thing I did do is disable automatic loading of the driver control panel tray app. Do you think that might make a difference? Or should I go ahead and roll back? The problem is that with the earlier driver I was getting errors, including blue screens.

"One thing I did do is disable automatic loading of the driver control panel tray app"... Are you talking about Automatic Updates in the control panel? You could also try to add a video card and see if the video returns. On-board video does fail

Back