Computer starts to work then I get an IE-has-crashed notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelleTM

Hello,

Every now and then my computer starts to work (make noise etc) without anything going on. Then after a few minutes I get a message saying Internet Explorer has crashed. I don't know what this is or what to do about it. Help!

I am using Firefox and not IE as my browser.

Also I can't install Office Pack 3 because it stops where it wants me to insert the Front Page 200X(?) CD and I don't have it. What to do? Thanks!

does the crash happen when you get to your desktop?

and make sure it's iexplore.exe and not explorer.exe that crashing, or does it just say "Internet Explorer"

Re

Hello!

I am not sure which name shows when it crashes, but it's not explorer.exe. I will take better notice next time it happens.

It seems to happen at random times.

ok, what you could try is uninstalling IE in the "add/remove windows components" part of add/remove programs. i don't think it completely gets rid of it but it's about as good as you'll get :) this may fix the problem

also, be Office Pack 3 do you mean the office service pack 3?

Re

Yep, I mean office service pack 3.

I didn't think of uninstalling it. Will it cause any problems with MSN or something like so?

Thanks!

**edit**

Happened just now. Says Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and has to be terminated.

i don't think it will cause any problems with anything like msn, so you should be ok

does it just bring the message up and end the program or does anything else happen?

it's kind of strange that it decides to terminate it when you're not using it :confused:

i may think of some sort of malware but i don't know of anything that would just make IE need to close

Yes, the comp starts working then a few mins after, the message is brought up and the comp stops working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back