Computer stuck at boot menu

Hey there, I own a Samsung laptop, the model is NP300E5C. I left my computer on the couch, rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground. I figured it fell off the couch, which is about a foot off the ground. When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment. Instead of spending money taking it in, I decided to have a look and popped the back off. I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back. However, the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place. I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose. I then turned the computer on, after screwing everything back, and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do, whether it be changing the settings back to default or trying to keep that plug stable, nothing will get me to Windows. Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off?

See if you can upload a picture of the hard drive chord both attached and not attached, and where it should go - it would be a start :)

Under bios menu, see if the hard disk drive is still detected; if not, turn off laptop computer again, remove battery, and re-attach the hdd's connectors.

Yeah check the Bios menu, if the HDD is not detected/showing up, then that will be your problem. If it is detected, then you have a different problem.

Back