TechSpot

Computer stuck at boot menu

1. Hey there, I own a Samsung laptop, the model is NP300E5C. I left my computer on the couch, rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground. I figured it fell off the couch, which is about a foot off the ground. When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment. Instead of spending money taking it in, I decided to have a look and popped the back off. I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back. However, the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place. I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose. I then turned the computer on, after screwing everything back, and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do, whether it be changing the settings back to default or trying to keep that plug stable, nothing will get me to Windows. Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off?

2. ryanbarnes619

ryanbarnes619 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Seriously? No one has any advice? lol

3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,831   +184

Sounds like maybe you did not get the hard drives chord. Back on right.

4. stonarda

stonarda TS Enthusiast Posts: 180   +17

See if you can upload a picture of the hard drive chord both attached and not attached, and where it should go - it would be a start :)

5. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Posts: 527

You deffo have not put harddrive plug back in correctly

6. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,016   +153

Under bios menu, see if the hard disk drive is still detected; if not, turn off laptop computer again, remove battery, and re-attach the hdd's connectors.

7. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,223   +528

Yeah check the Bios menu, if the HDD is not detected/showing up, then that will be your problem. If it is detected, then you have a different problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.