Computer turns off during online games (started after GMER scan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been a long time lurker and fan of this site and always recommend it to friends when they have questions or issues. After redirecting a friend having sudden performance issues to your post techspot.com/vb/topic58138 I noticed it had been updated since the last time I had looked at it. I saw the step 5: GMER and thought I would give it a run see what it did, though I was having NO computer issues myself.

I didn't close the firefox window after it downloaded and the GMER program locked up and I had to restart my computer. I tried it again remembering to close firefox and this time it turned my computer off at some point in the scan while I was afk. Turned the computer back on and saw that it was recommended to click off devices if having issues so I did that, the program ran completely but then had my system pretty slowed down substantially so I restarted again. Now everything seemed to be running fine.

Every time I play an online game now my computer will randomly turn off. It could be after hours of playing or it could be after 15 minutes. I have even gone as long as a week without a crash. I work from home and I am on my computer 20 hours a day and constantly on the internet.....the only thing that causes these crashes are online games. I even installed League of Legends since it's a free download recently to see if something newly downloaded will have the same results and it does. I continue to have these hard crashes.

I have attached the last GMER log.

Any ideas as to what might have happened and how I can fix it?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• gmer.log
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back