Computer turns off while downloading overnight. Minidump attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

npahlavan

I'm downloading some files using BitTorrent or even uTorrent. I allow it to download overnight. When I wake up in the morning I see that my computer is off. This has happened 2 times in a row so far, however I only have one minidump file created. The file is attached. Is there anything you can tell me from it?

Attachments

• Minidump011417-01.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 5
The crash appears to occur as a driver fault at A3AB.sys. If I checked correctly (AKA wait for others to back me up here) the driver is for a D-Link router/modem? Upgrading to the latest drivers might cure the issue.

(Note: I'm not too confident in my PC repair abilities yet, so if I were you I'd wait for a more advanced user of TechSpot to either back me up or disprove my claim...)

yes that file has to do with the D-Link Router. It is a faulty driver. You will need to uninstall and reinstall the Router

Yes I do have a d-link wireless router. It is currently connected to another computer. The computer I am on is connecting to that router wirelessly (via a d-link wireless pci card). Do you still think it is the router or the wireless PCI card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back