TechSpot

Computer typing random things

By solidus422
Oct 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whenever i open my computer, it starts typing random things.

for example i cant write a normal text. because it seems like the 0 and . keys are stuck but they are not. so i get something like this appearing on my screen.

ex- .....................................00000000000000000000000000............

also everytime i click on a file a popup comes up asking if i want to delete the file. as if the delete button is stuck. but it actually isnt.

my start menue is always popping up like it is being held down. and same with all the F keys on the top of the keyboard. after unplugging the keyboard im still getting the same problem.

anyone know how to rid this problem?
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Have you tried another keyboard? (ideally a USB direct connection keyboard)
  3. solidus422

solidus422 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes i have. the problem isnt from the keyboard. im 100% sure
  4. kimsland

5. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Posts: 260

Could be a virus / malware. Maybe post a log with HJT so we can check if theres something that shouldn't be there.

If anything you can back up your computer and reintall your OS. If the problem still occurs after the OS is reinstalled, then it is no doubt a hardware problem.
  6. kimsland

Shouldn't they do the Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions as I suggested first?
    Otherwise there's no use I feel. ie you could be chasing Virus\Spyware that the guide can remove on its own

Anyway, that's my thoughts
    Oh and I agree with the Re-install, which will confirm Hardware
    Actually you could use a LiveCD like Ubuntu too
  7. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Posts: 260

Sorry I read it too fast =(
    Yes do the 8 Step Removal Process as kimsland suggested. Sorry again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.