Computer want stop restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just wont stop restarting i even deleted lots of things even when im in the middle of scaning my computer for viruses it wont stop restarting i have to admit it now takes a while for it to restart it used to just shut down quick does anyone have soulutions i need them bad Please can someone help!! and My windows is Xp Professional and 2002

Reboot the system but now launch safe mode by pressing F8 then select safe mode no networking.

See if the PC wants to reboot still? If not then continue...

Once you're in there go to the system device manager then click on profiles and delete the profile you use to login with. Then Reboot the system and the computer will rebuild your profile that you had deleted with a new one. You'll loose desktop shortcuts, favorites and history will be gone though.

Do what tipster suggested. In case that does not work, do the following:

Turn off the automatic restart. To do so, go to the Control Panel -- System -- Advanced Tab -- Startup and Recovery Settings -- Uncheck Automatic restart.

Now instead of restarting, your PC may get a Blue Screen (BSOD) with an error message. Post the error message.

In addition attach about 5 mini dumps. To find the mindump files: C Drive -- Windows Folder -- Minidump Folder -- Minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back