Computer wants to run so slow, especially in browser and typing

cableman

I have a Dell Precision T5400 with dual quad core (2.29 GHz) processors with 16GB of ram and I am running a 64 bit version of windows 7 ultimate. I have only had the computer about 6 months but I haven't really had problems with it, just upgrading it to the way I want it.

The problem just started a couple of days ago and I thought it was maybe because I had been putting off installing "Tune Up Utilities" on it. That program seems to work wonders on getting everything to run smoothly after a full operating system install and all the programs you want installed all at once along with it, not to mention drivers, updating media player, internet explorer, installing flash player, etc., you get the idea.

Mainly it started most with all the ads completely covering the pages on Ebay. I thought Ebay just went crazy selling ad space for profit but this is too much. In my opinion the amount of ads will adversely affect the main purpose of Ebay since they cover most of the important information about the items for sale and their descriptions . Also, whole new ad pages are popping up almost every time I click on a link but instead of going where I should it pops up another full page ad to have to get rid of. Another problem that has been getting progressively worse is the slow typing. I finally fixed Explorer to surf the internet by resetting everything to factory presets but the pages are so slow to load and even after loading they don't want to scroll up and down.

I hated to put this under mal-ware and virus setting forum but I couldn't find anything more appropiate. If anyone can help please let me know. I have only just installed the necessary programs to run windows because solid state drives are so expensive that I could only afford an 80GB for fast startup and I have a new 250GB drive to add for the slave and a 1terabyte that should be good once it is reformatted, I was just going to add them when this happened and I didn't want to carry over problems to new drives. Any input is greatly appreciated.

You are rightly concerned about malware infection so you need to start running scans to check this out. Which security programs are installed and have you run full system scans? SAS anti spyware and Malwarebytes are good free scanners worth downloading and running. This is a priority because the sooner you are onto malware and virus problems the better the chance of removing them.

I don't share your enthusiasm for Tune up Utilities and would uninstall it but you've probably paid a hefty subscription for the year. CCleaner is a useful free utility worth looking into but firstly check thoroughly for possible infection.

Back