Computer will no longer power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
so last night when i was playing nwn 2 my pc just suddenly went off and now when i try to turn it on it only lights up for a 1 sec or 2 then turns it self off again. Then when i press the the botton i start the pc with nothing happands, then i can hit the switch on the back of my pc on and off then if i try to start again the sam thing happends. Please help! ( im not very good when it comes to my pc, all i know when it comes to the inside of my pc is how the fan,power and grafic card looks like so im pretty much a noob) So please keep it as simple as you can.

Even "simple": requires some information about the computer!
Make, Model, Operating system, Installed RAM

You are referring to a very intensive graphics-intensive game. It could be a heat issue, especially if using a laptop. It could be a problem with the graphics card. IT could be too little RAM. More information will bring more help- even to know where to begin troubleshooting.

i got 2 gig ram running, nvidia geforce gs 8600 and i think it was ati 6600 or something around that, sorry i cant be to more help. and i got something called hiper and avc dont know what that is tho.

Hiper appears to be for power supply:
http://www.hipergroup.com/home.php
AVC is Advanced Video Coding. There is security program from AVG however. You need to take some responsibility for what's on your computer. How do you expect us to help you when you don't know the basic information?!

Go to the Control Panel> System> System Properties tab>>> there's your computer information. Make note of it and post it here. At this point, I still don't have enough information to troubleshoot.

Even without the system starting you should see the Manufacturer and know if it a desktop or laptop at least. You shiould also be able to tell us which operating system you use on it- Windows 98? ME? W2K? Windows XP? Vista?

And do you get anything on the screen when you boot? Does the Logo load? Black screen? Letter in white saying what? Blue Screen with white letters? Saying what? Have you check the power source? Are you getting any power at all?
Then when i press the the botton i start the pc with nothing happands, then i can hit the switch on the back of my pc on and off then if i try to start again the sam thing happends.
Are you referring to a power button on the front and some kind of reset button on the back?

We have to have something to work with.

i run vista 32 bit, and the first button i was talking about was the power button and the one on the back is the on/off switch for the power supply( You know the one that if you turn off and your pc stops getting power)

If the power supply is on and the computer is on and nothing happens, the computer is dead. You can try replacing whatever power supply the system is connected to- battery back up? surge bar? and see if that makes any difference. If it does not, it's shop time for you.

Hi, you can prove you`r power source in other computer to see if it`s working or not, i think is you power source that have problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back