Computer will not POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Here is what happened. From my keyboard you can put the computer in sleep mode. Well, my computer was in sleep mode and I woke it up. As it was waking up I keep pressing the sleep mode button on my keyboard until it went back to sleep. The next time I woke my computer the fans, drives, and everything else turned on except the computer would not attempt to boot. The monitor doesn't even turn on. I have tried to clear the CMOS memory, take out all PCI cards but nothing seems to start my computer. I tried my HD in a friends computer and it worked! Please help me get my computer running again.

Can you boot into safe mode? Sounds to me like your hd might have become corrupted. If you can boot into safe mode might i suggest that you run a disk check. If this doesn`t help post back and I`ll try and think of what else it might be. Regards Howard:grinthumb

I thought that may have been the issue but I was able to take my HD out and run it in a friends computer. When I turn my computer on it does not even begin to POST. There are no beeps, and nothing shows on the monitor. Thanks again for your help!

reseat your ram, I've had this problem quite a few times before, and reseating ram fixed it. If that doesnt fix it, unhook all fans/lights, it could be a power problem too.

I have tried moving the RAM into different slots. In addition to this, I have also disconnected EVERYTHING, i.e. fans, drives, CD Rom to see if any of them were conflicting somehow. Unfortunately, nothing fixed the current problem. I appreciate all the help, please keep bring the suggestions!

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back