Computer will not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of some help here...

I recently went on vacation so before doing so I turned off my computer, when I got back I hit the power button and nothing happened. My optical mouse wasnt even blinking. So After a while of playing with the switches and such my optical mouse was flickering again after I turn the switch off and on and I noticed the keyboard light up (the num, cap, and scroll lights) but the computer will still not power on.

This did happen to me last year after I had went on vaction I had shut the computer down for about 3-4 days and the same thing. Nothing turned on, after about an Half hour of playing around with it, it finally went on. I have shut the computer down for 1-2 days and it has powered on fine but for some reason if its not on for a long period of time it seems not to want to go on. I knew I should have not taken the chance and left it running but I dont understand why it would do this.

My computer is AMD Semperon processor at 1.8 ghz and it was a bare bones system I had bought on ebay and besides this issue has worked fine for the year and half i have had it. The power supply is a 400w supply and looks failrly new. I even unplugged the power supply cord to the mother board and plugged it back in to see if it was loose, dirty and still got nothing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can you tell us a bit more about your system? In particular, find out the make (brand) and watts.

did you unplugg the pc before you left for your holidays?

Open up your case, observe any unnatural markings, burns/scorches and smells.

Reset CMOS by jumping the opposite third pin marked "CMOS RESET" or by removing the battery on the motherboard for a minute. Try now..

Reset the PSU by unplugging it from the wall socket, and holding the power button for 20 seconds (if i remember right :D). try it now..

silentwarrior21 said:
I am in need of some help here...

I recently went on vacation so before doing so I turned off my computer, when I got back I hit the power button and nothing happened. My optical mouse wasnt even blinking. So After a while of playing with the switches and such my optical mouse was flickering again after I turn the switch off and on and I noticed the keyboard light up (the num, cap, and scroll lights) but the computer will still not power on.

This did happen to me last year after I had went on vaction I had shut the computer down for about 3-4 days and the same thing. Nothing turned on, after about an Half hour of playing around with it, it finally went on. I have shut the computer down for 1-2 days and it has powered on fine but for some reason if its not on for a long period of time it seems not to want to go on. I knew I should have not taken the chance and left it running but I dont understand why it would do this.

My computer is AMD Semperon processor at 1.8 ghz and it was a bare bones system I had bought on ebay and besides this issue has worked fine for the year and half i have had it. The power supply is a 400w supply and looks failrly new. I even unplugged the power supply cord to the mother board and plugged it back in to see if it was loose, dirty and still got nothing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Plug it into a different wall socket or surge protector. See if that works. Make sure the volt selector is for the correct voltage. You could have a bad PWS they do go bad you know. The switch that your pressing could be loose or broken, check it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back