Computer Will Not Turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rebuilding my little bro's computer and it decided that it does not want to turn on? I installed a new geforce 7800 gs video card two dvd drives and another hard drive. I made sure that one was a slave and one was a master. It is an older comp. it is a pentium 4 with a 300 or 350 ps, think its socket A, 1 gig of ram. I know the power is working because the motherboard has a light on it which lights up whenever i turn the ps on. I have tried to disconnect both the dvd drives and it still did not trun on???? I neeed some help!!!!!!

Are the front case switches correctly placed on the motherboards front panel connector? Did the system power up before you applied the upgrades?

The power supply might not be strong enough to power the video card upgrade. Even though the system shows that it has power, the power supply can still cause this

Also....

Is there a separate power receiver on the video card that needs to be plugged in? Many of the higher-power cards require their own power. Won't boot without it though it will usually give you a message on-screen stating the problem. At least I now ATI cards will do that.

Well

The video card does need to be plugged in and yes i did plug it in in another comp and it worked. i do believe that i need a new ps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back