Computer will only start in safe mode, with a possible self-induced registry problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Am away from home and ran into a problem where my email, Mozilla Thunderbird would not send/recieve mail and computer would not load certain web pages. Thinking that I had a spyware problem I starting scanning with various programs on my computer: Trend Micro PC-cillan, MalwareBytes&AntiMaleware, and Spybot Search and Destroy. Like an *****, I didn't set a baseline that I could come back to and had the Spybot program remove everything it found.

Then I found Techspot and that great post "Updated 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal instructions. Probably like closing the barn door after the horse has run out, but I went through the steps and am attaching log and txt filies here.

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong, and is there anyway I can fix things other than to save data, and erase and reload computer?

Oh, and the Java update wouldn't load due to error 1721 problem with windows installer package. Java on line help said that this is due to being in safe mode.

Humbly submitted, Elle

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

There are 2 areas you need to check:
1. ReaJPEG: was this a recent install? From what site? Legit or torrent?
2. G2AWinLogo: are you using this now? The Service is running, but there may be file damage.

Also, check you TrendMicros security program- the Services are running, but other that that, I don't see any entries at all. you won't be able to update it in Safe Mode, but I would like to see a scan.

I would not recommend doing a system restore until I get information on the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back