Computer will run then stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO EVERYONE

My computer i just built will run good for awhile then it freeze up crash then when i go to turn it back on it will start up for about 3 secs then turn off?????? i switched power supplys checked processor just visual, all fans are working, new hard drive? any suggestions?

Hi there, and welcome to techspot!

Please click on the link in my signature for random crashes. It is a troubleshooting guide to help find what is causing your problems. Follow the steps in there and post back here what you find.

Good luck!

WIN XP PRO
1.8 Amd Athlon
256 Pc2700 Ddr Ram
S746fx Mb
400 Watt Psu
80 Gig Western Digital Hd
Fx5200 Video With Latest Drivers

Cant Get To Boot To Do Anything Else Right Now It Ran Fine From Yesterday Till About 4:30 Today Now It Starts For About 3 Sec Then Shuts Down. LET ME ADD, THAT THE POWER SWITCH ON THE CASE IS BAD SO IVE BEEN TURNING ON THROUGH THE POWER SUPPLY SWITCH.

That may be the problem, when you switch a computer on with the switch on the PSU it may start up for a few seconds to do some sort of diagnostic and then shut off. I think that the problem is that it's not really trying to boot at all. You should just fix the power switch going to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back