Computer won`t post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez1708

Hey everyone, here's my problem... i'm making a media pc for my TV. current specs are:

AMD2 4300+
A8N32-SLI Delux
2x512mb Corsair RAM
550w PSU
GeForce 7600GS 512mb
500MB HDD SATA
DVD/CD-r/w

Everything is connected, power is going through the system. On power up all fans are spinning and media drives are being read, but no splash screen and i can not enter bios, this case does not have a speaker so i can't hear any post beeps. Last thing, the HDD was connected as a slave in the PC i'm using now but doesn't have any info on it except the basic formating... any ideas on what to do?

Change the jumper on the hdd to master or cs if this is the only hard drive in the system and install an operating system. If all you've done to the hdd is to format, there's nothing on the disk. It needs an operating system.

Ok, i've been able to access the bios and set the boot priority to start up off CD-ROM. i toss in the Vista install CD and it wont go... I checked all the connections, even put in another HDD and no go... does the MOBO and the CPU have to be vista compliant? i know it's a dumb question but everything else in that PC i know for sure is vista ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back