Computer won't boot after reformat / no signal to monitor

Hello everyone,

I just recently performed a reformat by booting from my Windows XP CD as I periodically do to keep my computer running smooth, but upon completing my reformat, my computer will not boot at all with no signal going to my monitor. My fans, lights, DVD drive, etc. all turns on, but it won't boot up therefore I'm unable to perform anything as there's nothing displaying on my monitor.

I tried unplugging the power and holding down the reset button for a minute, but still nothing. When I power on my computer, nothing beeps, all components turn on, but it just doesn't want to boot up for some reason. I am stuck and I would greatly appreciate your expert advise on my next course of action!

Thanks in advance!

"I just recently performed a reformat by booting from my Windows XP CD"... Did you re-install XP successfully?

I initiated the format process before I went to bed. Woke up and there was no signal going to my monitor so XP was not installed. I should've woken up to the Windows XP setup screen.

You have a hardware failure. What kind of video? On-board or add-on card? While we're at it, what are the computers complete specs?

You're right. I looked at my video card and it was completely fried. I have no idea how that happened but I suppose it was at the end of it's life expectancy. Had it running 24/7 for almost 7 years now. Thanks for the help!

Back