Computer wont boot at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I made the mistake of clicking on a myspace link from an IM and not realizing to it was 2 late that it was a virus. I shut my computer down and now I can't get it 2 boot again. It wont go past the start up of my comp system. I cannot go into my bios or my default settings. I cannot boot my hiren cd either. I need some help here please. Thank you guys

I cannot go into my bios or my default settings.
As much as I doubt some random MySpace virus hosed your BIOS, the only way you might fix this is to clear your CMOS or flash your BIOS to a newer version. Ask if you need more information, but instructions for these things will vary from computer to computer.

How do you normally get into your BIOS? What happens instead? Why can't you get in? Do you get any errors or other messages?

On some computers, you can hold the INS key while you system is turned on... Hold it down... It will reset your BIOS to defaults.

Have you had any luck with Safe Mode?

Any other details that might be useful? What kind of link did you click on? Did you download / run anything? What version of Windows are you using? etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back