Computer won't boot..... Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got a new vid card and hard drive for christmas, they finally arrived today. I replaced the card, added my new drive and powered up. Nothing happened. My fans all started up, psu fan, cpu fan, and main fan, but nothing came up on the monitor. My Pwr LED didn't even light up. My heart sank....

Ok, open it back up take everything out and return it to exactly the way it was before, only one drive and old vid card. Same thing, nothing happened. I moved the cable for the pwr LED and got it working but nothing else would. I thought maybe PSU problem so I unplugged everything but the drive. (i have an onboard vid card too). Still nothing, not even the HD would spool up.

The wierd thing is if I unplug the IDE cable from the HD it starts but with it plugged in it does nothing. I'm thinking my motherboard just fried but I have no idea why. It's not an old comp...

Oh yea I did reset the CMOS without result. If anyone knows ANYTHING that might help me. If it is the Mobo I need to know for sure before I spend money on it...

Nevermind. I had pulled the heat sink off the processor before and the damn thing stuck to the the cpu... I didn't notice it the first time and just pushed it back in but after checking everything for the third time I once again pulled it off, noticed the cpu stuck to the bottom of the heat sink and fixed it.

To be honest I'm surprised the CPU still works. The first time I pulled it off I just jammed it back into the socket without locking it down or anything... I'm just lucky I guess. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back