Computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'd like to start by saying that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computers, and I'm not all that sure this is the right subforum for my thread, but the description read "booting" so I'm giving it a go.

I went to turn my computer on one day, and it plain wouldn't. The power was in and everything, and when I flicked the button, the lights went on, but there was no boot-up sounds, and my screen remained black.
Upon further inspection I see that my mobo lamp is on, all the fans are running, the graphics card however has its lights blinking, and it's making a strange noise, like it's trying to start up, but fails, then tries to start again, like once every half a second.

I've triest replacing / changing most things, I've made sure every cable is connected. I removed to RAM to see if it gave me that memory loss beeping sound, and it did.
Problem is, I don't have another graphics card I can try, nor a pc I can try my current one on.
I bought a new PSU just to test, as everyone told me it was most likely something wrong with it, and nothing changed. I've removed that CMOS battery, I've left it without power for days then tried again. Nothing changed.

Has anyone encountered something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back