computer won't play downloaded mp3's

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought a brand new emachine computer last week with XP operating system.
this morning I downloaded two mp3 songs but when i play them both there is no sound at all...they are playing but no sound. tried in Winamp and MS media player.
The rest of the computer sounds work and the mp3's that came with the system work too(ready loaded)...so there's nothing wrong with the speakers.
the mp3's that don't have sound have a bitrate of 32kbps....the ready-loaded mp3's that do have sound have a bitrate of 64kbps and 144kbps.
maybe the download bitrate is the problem....
another thing...the troubled mp3 files are 3.5 MB and 5.1 MB in size.....you would think both songs would have a play time of approx 4 or 5 minutes....but it's showing 16 minutes and 21 minutes...something is wrong..any ideas!!!

Maybe the downloaded mp3 files are corrupted in some way. Try downloading them again and see what happens. Regards Howard :grinthumb

thanks howard...
you were right, the downloaded files have been deliberately corrupted. you live in colne, lancs... i used to live down in Leigh, lancs(just outside Wigan)...i live over in North Carolina now. I used to know a Howard who lived up that way...we were in a blues band together i was the drummer Phil...you'll know if your the same Howard......a good slide guitarist.....

Hiya Phil. Although I`ve been in various bands at one time or another as a guitarist and or singer I`ve never played slide guitar unfortunately.

I`m glad that you sorted the mp3 problem out.

Kind Regards and best wishes mate: Howard
bye.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back