TechSpot

Computer wont post or anything, please help

By Spiders
Mar 22, 2010
  1. I turned on my computer to transfer some files between my laptop and desktop, while working on my laptop i looked at my desktop and it...

blue screened for like 3 seconds then it went blank with everything still running, so I tried rebooting it and now it doesnt boot into post or anything... what happened?

all it does is start up the fans and hdd

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,230   +232

You could try another power supply... fans and hard drive running doesn't mean a power supply is good

3. Spiders

Spiders TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 46

ugh i hope not, i just bought the psu, its an antec 650w earthwatts, less then three months old since bought.

4. Tmagic650

Could be the motherboard, but power supplies are cheaper to try first. This isn't an e Machines is it? No, good

5. Spiders

of course not, its a semi custom build, the mobo was ripped from an hp comp... everything else bought afterwards

6. Spiders

I tried unplugging then replugging the psu's 24 main pin and 4 pin, it worked all the way to the OS then i turned it off to move it back on the desk and it didnt work again

7. Tmagic650

No e Machines I saw your specs... still sounds like a power supply, motherboard last

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.