Computer won't power on (Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!!!!

I just got a computer, I bought it on ebay from netpro pcs... when i turn it on nothing comes up on the monitor... I know that it is not the monitor because i tested the monitor on a different computer and tried a known good working monitor on my bad computer... i have taken out and reseated the memory, tested good memory in the bad computer and still nothing...i have cleared the bios settings by using the jumper to clear all the data... i took out the battery from the mobo to make sure that there is no stupid stuff lingering in there...the computer used to POST but it doesn't anymore since i cleared it(the mobo)...is there any correlation? any help would be great

- Please use proper thread titles
Didou

Try unplugging the power cord to the power supply and plugging it back in. Sometimes if it is still supplying power to the board when it shouldn't be and it is stuck.

:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

I sounds like it could be a problem with the video card. Do you have a different one that you could test it with?

I tried plugging the monitor into the mainboard video out, and it didn't work...the video card was unplugged when i did that. could it still be the video card?

Do the fans spin up? Do the drives spin up? If it has more than 1 RAM module try just running 1, try different slots, try different modules. Try booting barebones. Post back with results.

Well its with minimal stuff, like if you had 2 or more HDs, any CD drives, extra PCI cards, ext. You'd want to remove everything except the very essentials needed to boot.

If fans and hard drive are working, I would still try to locate another video card to try just in case the one on the main board doesn't function either.If everything else is working. Most often it has to do withthe video card. ..Or really simple so You have probably already tried it but sometimes it workd to unplug the power on the monitor for a few seconds and then plug it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back