Computer won't power on

Emily Nelson

I installed a CPU fan and a ram stick, also cleaned my computer using compressed air. When I did this, I removed the AC cord and made sure everything was turned off. However, when I put the sides of my case back on, the computer would no longer power on. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there anyway to tell which component is causing the problem?

Emily, are u sure the ram is the right ram for u'r computer, also make sure u did not bump any power cables, CPU or the 24 pin power cable. nothing will power without those. also make sure the AC power cable got plugged back good.

I have unplugged and replugged in every component and it still won't turn on. I removed all my ram and tested it that way, removed the cpu fan I had just installed and I'm seeing no improvements. When I plug my monitor into my graphics card it does say it is in sleep mode instead of searching for signal, but none of the fans run and no beeping or lights come on when I turn on my computer. I have also checked the AC power cable and it is fine. Everything was working fine yesterday before I cleaned it / replaced CPU fan. Any other suggestions?

Did you clean off the old thermal paste and then apply new thermal paste to the CPU? If you have a 4 or 6 pin connector on the motherboard near the CPU, is it connected securely?

I just tried cleaning off the old thermal paste and applying new paste and it WORKED! Thanks guys. You guys are the best. I thought my computer was done for but maybe my CPU was just loose!

Back