Computer won't reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

I have to unplug my power supply (350w) cord (at least 1 minutes) to successfuly turn on the computer... I don't know what seem to be the problem, could it be a power supply itself?

First of all this kind of problems seems to be easy but i dont think its easy for all
owners.

I suggest you

1) when computer boots try to boot in last known good configuration

2) or check your PSU correctly working at a different computer.

Well it actually not that simple like you said, I did try those both options above - but seem to no avail.

My first thought was could it be the PSU? but since I just replace the old one, so I highly doubt it.

I even try to unplug some power consuming devices such as (DVD ROM, and CD ROM) but also to no reward. (PSU 350)

Like I mentions above, if I SHUTDOWN my computer right now and power it back on (i can hear the fan goin abit then dead)
The only way I can restore and power the computer back on is to unplug the PSU power cable for at least 1-5 minutes.

I am worried could it be the motherboard or cpu? I'm just out of idea don't know what other task to work on.

Check your on/off switch at the PC-front.
Unless that 350W PSU is from a reputable company, you could well have bought a PoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back