Computer won't recognise Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham_s

Please help - its driving me mental!
I connect the Sony Handycam DCR HC24 and have installed the software (picture package) and the drivers that I managed to find on the internet. Can anyone help? It isn't the connection thats the problem and I have tried it on more than one computer.
And I have rung sony and they were as useful as a waterproof teabag.

thank you

1. Are you sure you downloaded the right driver? Do you still see the yellow sign under Computer Management?

2. Did you turn on your camcorder after plugging in?

3. Did your computer say "new hard found" after you turn on your camcorder?

I am pretty sure I have the right drivers, they're from the sony website.
I turned my camcorder on after plugging it in and have tried turning it on before plugging it in. The computer didn't say new hardware - didn't recognise it at all.

Op2 said:
1. Are you sure you downloaded the right driver? Do you still see the yellow sign under Computer Management?

2. Did you turn on your camcorder after plugging in?

3. Did your computer say "new hard found" after you turn on your camcorder?

Well, it makes thing a little clearer. May be you should try to plug it in all the USB slot available.

Even though you said the connector (?) is good, double check that, especially when the other computer didn't recognize it as well.

Op2 said:
Well, it makes thing a little clearer. May be you should try to plug it in all the USB slot available.

Even though you said the connector (?) is good, double check that, especially when the other computer didn't recognize it as well.
all usb ports have been tried and i have tried several cables.

if none of those cables worked like mine (other model of Sony handy cam though).use a PCI capture card & a firewire.

that's how i solved it.

turbo1 said:
if none of those cables worked like mine (other model of Sony handy cam though).use a PCI capture card & a firewire.

that's how i solved it.
ok, thanks for the input. I will give it a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back