Status
Not open for further replies.

1337 n00b

My computer wont run sims 2 fast, it meets and exceeds game requirements,

runs really slow, can anyone help

cant make a long post cos it wont let me :s

cheers

i had that problem too but you can fix it in 1min

does it work slowly at the begainning r throughout? did you download anything for it? you probally have to many houses im guessing r to many items.(people, objects, downloaded to many stuff) just try deleting some stuff you might want to check out how much MB you have on your comp.

what kind of computer do you have?

I install it, and it just runs dead slow from the beginning... i havent downloaded anything

im running an old pc

1Ghz AMD Athlond
upgraded 640MB RAM
30GB Hard Drive
32Mb Nvidia TNT2 Graphics (AGP)
dunno anything else its 5 years old, bought from shop

it should run perfect, but it dosent

sims

;) Sims needs a fast speed cd rom and alot of memory space. I have a e-machine with 3200+ speed and 160GB of hard drive and cd and dvd player and had a radeon 9800 pro grahhic card install and i can play the game. As a matter of fact there is any game yet that i have tried and not been able to play. On my other computer which was 40GB of hard drive it would always freeze up. Try looking into e-machines computers they are cheaper then most and i have always had good luck with them. Maybe you can swing the price for one of those. They always have good deals. www.e-machine.com or www.bestbuy.com carries them. :rolleyes:

your graphics card ancinet...get at least something thats 128mb of video..that processor doesnt help very much...u really dont exceed the minimum requirements

true about that

sims does need alot of space most games now eat up alot of space and sims is sort of an advanced game a computer like yours wouldn't be good just save up an upgrade r buy a new one technology i think has upgraded alot from 2000 to now so you would be doing your self a favor if you bought a new computer.

Hi,

I can see you are in the UK, try novatech.co.uk, or ebuyer.co.uk, or scan.com, they all have really good prices and some really good kit to upgrade your system with.

As everyone else has said so far the sims 2 is a BIG game, that take loads of memory to run well, the MINIMUM spec for this game is 32mb video card, and an 800mhz processor, with 256 mb of RAM, you only really just make this, which is why your game runs slow.

When a game says minimum requirements, they normally run with these but you could do with at least half as much again as they suggest for it to run at an acceptable level.

Hope this helps.

Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back