Computer wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the middle of playing a game when my computer just shut off. I wasnt doing anything I normally do that should make this happen. I then tried to turn in back on but nothing happened. I felt the power supply and it felt hotter then normal. The only think on my computer that is working is the LED light on my mobo. Nothing at all happens when I push the button to turn the computer on. Does anyone know what is going on? Did I blow the power supply?

I've had this problem before when I overclocked it. Did you try turning it off at the power supply for 5 minutes or so?

if its the power supply theres a few ways to check it. take off all the drives and see if it starts up. if it does ur computers drawing too much power from the psu. the other way, which voids the warranty, is take it apart and see if anything is blown up. this happened ot me. computer wouldnt start up, and my case had an electric charge, so i took it apart and the big black things in there like, blew up or something. it was covered in white stuff down to the board.

I just took off some of the drives and it still wont start up. It makes a buzzing sound thats coming from the power supply when I push the on button. COnfusing the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back