Computer wont stop freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toytruck

my computer freezes on the startup screen a good 70% of the time. could i have a virus? what can i do to get rid of it/fix the problem? thanks!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could be a virus, on the other hand it could also be a great many other things as well.

So, let`s give it a quick check for malware, just to try and rule it out.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Also, it would help a great deal if you included your system specs in your profile as well as info on when the problem first appeared, what you were doing at the time and whether or not you have recently installed any new software/hardware.

The computer is a sony vio PCG-SF1L. At first the cd drive stopped working. Then the computer started freezing on start ups and I'd just have to keep turning it off and back on again several times to get it to load up all the way. I've attached my HTJ log as well.

Attachments

• hjtlogsw.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 5
that sounds like a good option, although i don't know that it will make much differnce in my case because i have very little saved on this computer so my memory shouldn't be "used up". does the amount of available memory the computer has left effect when to replace the memory?

Your system is infected with malware, including the WORM_AUTORUN.T infection.

Also, you didn`t rename HijackThis.exe as per the instructions.
I have moved this thread to our security forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of toytruck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I did rename hijackthis.exe and saved "crusty.exe" to my desktop, but I do see in the log the hijackthis.exe. Is there anyway the computer just didn't recognize it? Beacause looking at my desktop now the program shortcut reads "crusty.exe"

Maybe you reneamed the shortcut, rather than the file itself. See HERE for instructions.

Follow the instructions I gave you and post the requested log files.

This thread is for the use of toytruck only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Yes, your HJT log shows your system is infected, but we already knew that lol.

I have removed your HJT log so that you won`t have any problems posting another one once you`ve completed all the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back